Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification Exam Guide.
1. About the Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification Exam
The Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator program is designed for individuals who have expertise as a seasoned Salesforce Administrator. The program encompasses the breadth of applications, the features and functions available to an end user, and the advanced configuration, management, and application extending options available to an Administrator across the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Salesforce Chatter applications.
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non-scored questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 65% (39 out of 60 Questions)
- Registration fee: USD 200 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Prerequisites: Salesforce Certified Administrator credential
2. Exam Outline
Security and Access: 20%
- Given a scenario, determine the implications to record and field data access (Sharing model, controlled by parent, grant access by hierarchies, profile vs. sharing rules, Experience Cloud sites’ security settings, field and record level access, sharing rules, field level security, and record types).
- Describe the capabilities of Enterprise Territory Management and the implications for the sharing model.
- Compare and contrast the capabilities of custom profiles, permission sets, and delegated administration.
Extending Custom Objects and Applications: 8%
- Describe the appropriate use of relationship types when building custom objects (master-detail, lookup).
Auditing and Monitoring: 6%
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate tools for monitoring and troubleshooting system activity (debug log, set up audit trail).
Sales Cloud Applications: 10%
- Explain how to customize and maintain products, price books, schedules, and quotes.
- Describe the capabilities of forecasting (categories, hierarchy, quotas).
Service Cloud Applications: 10%
- Explain how to create and maintain Salesforce Knowledge (article record types, data categories).
- Explain how to create and maintain service entitlements and entitlement processes.
- Describe the features of Salesforce which enable interaction between support agents and customers (Chat, Case Feed, Service Cloud Console, Experience Cloud sites, Omni-Channel).
Data Management: 10%
- Explain the tools and best practices for improving and enriching data quality (validation, managing duplicates, enriching, archiving).
Content Management: 3%
- Explain how to set up and maintain Salesforce Content.
Change Management: 10%
- Describe the options available to move metadata between environments (change sets, Salesforce extensions for Visual Studio Code).
- Describe the capabilities and best practices for using change sets to move metadata between environments.
Analytics, Reports and Dashboards: 10%
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate analytic tools to meet complex reporting requirements (custom report types, reporting snapshots, complex charting, custom summary formulas, bucketing, joined reports, cross filters, dynamic dashboards, dashboard filters).
Process Automation: 13%
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot an approval process.
- Given a complex scenario, determine the solution using a combination of automation tools to solve a business problem (Process automation, formula fields, and when to use programmatic techniques).
3. Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification Exam Guide
4. Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification Exam Trailmix
- Process Automation Specialist
- Lightning Experience Reports & Dashboards Specialist
- Business Administration Specialist
- Security Specialist
6. Important Topics for Salesforce Advanced Admin Certification Exam
6.1 Security and Access: 20% (12 Questions)
- Permission Sets
- Delegated Administration
- Formulas and Validations
- Picklist Administration
- Session-Based Permission Sets and Security
- Configure Enterprise Territory Management Permissions and Access
6.2 Extending Custom Objects and Applications: 8% (5 Questions)
6.3 Auditing and Monitoring: 6% (3 Questions)
6.4 Sales Cloud Applications: 10% (6 Questions)
- Products, Quotes, & Contracts
- Collaborative Forecasts Setup
- Territory Management Basics
- Path & Workspaces
6.5 Service Cloud Applications: 10% (6 Questions)
- Entitlement Management
- Lightning Knowledge Setup and Customization
- Web Chat Basics
- Omni-Channel for Lightning Experience
- Case Feed
- Identity for Customers
6.6 Data Management: 10% (6 Questions)
6.7 Content Management: 3% (2 Questions)
6.8 Change Management: 10% (6 Questions)
6.9 Analytics, Reports and Dashboards: 10% (6 Questions)
- Custom report types
- Reporting snapshots
- Complex charting
- Custom summary formulas
- Joined reports
- Cross filters
- Dynamic dashboards
- Dashboard filters