Salesforce Testing Interview Questions & Answers.
Q1. What is Salesforce Testing?
Salesforce testing is the process of verifying a Salesforce customization and configuration with the purpose of identifying any errors, gaps or missing requirements versus the actual requirement. Testing is important to make sure that the delivered functionality meets the user requirement. Testing helps to identify and fixe any possible bugs in the application before it goes live.
Q2. Explain Salesforce Testing Life Cycle.
There are five stages of Salesforce Testing Life Cycle:
- Requirement Gathering – Understand the business requirements of the application being built.
- Test Planning – Define test strategy, objectives and test plan
- Test Environment Setup – Get access to a Salesforce sandbox and setup test data.
- Test Execution – Execute the test cases and document any bugs identified.
- Test Closure – Document test summary once all test cases has been executed and identified defects fixed.
Q3. What is Salesforce Functional Testing?
Functional Testing tests whether the application being developed meets the functional requirements captured in the requirement document or User Stories. Functional Testing can be divided into following components:
- Unit Testing – Individual units of code and configurations are testing to determine whether they meeting the expected requirement.
- Integration Testing – Individual modules are combined and tested as a group.
- System Testing – End to end testing of complete integrated system to evaluate systems compliance with the specified requirements.
- User Acceptance Testing – Testing performed by end user or customers.
Q4. What is Salesforce Non-Functional Testing?
Non-Functional Testing evaluates the performance, usability and reliability of the application. Non-Functional Testing can be divided into following components.
- Performance – Testing to determine how a system performs in terms of responsiveness and stability under a particular workload.
- Security – Testing intended to reveal flaws in the security mechanisms of an information system that protect data and maintain functionality as intended
- Usability – Testing to evaluate how easy is it to use the application from end user perspective.
- Compatibility – Testing to ensure the application’s compatibility with different computing environment.
Q5. What is Salesforce Manual Testing?
Manual testing is the process of manually testing Salesforce applications for defects. It requires a tester to play the role of an end user where they use most of the Salesforce application’s features to ensure correct behavior.