How to Pass Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Accredited Professional Exam?
- 1. What is Salesforce Net Zero Cloud?
- 2. About the Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam
- 3. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam Outline
- 4. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam Study Course
- 5. Important Topics for Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Accredited Professional Exam
- 5.1 Introduction to Sustainability and Net Zero Cloud
- 5.2 Getting Started with Business Requirements, Data, and Reporting
- 5.3 Manage Sustainability Data
- 5.4 Configuring the App and Settings
- 5.5 Complete Data Modeling and Configuration
- 5.6 Setting Emissions Reduction Targets
- 5.7 Set Up Emissions Forecasting
- 5.8 Configure CRM Analytics
- 6. Additional Resources
1. What is Salesforce Net Zero Cloud?
Salesforce Net Zero Cloud is a carbon accounting solution for businesses to analyze their carbon data, make informed decisions, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
2. About the Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam
The Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Accredited Professional exam is intended for individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and experience with managing and collecting key sustainability data. This exam expects basic Salesforce knowledge including objects, data and data modeling.
|Content||55 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions|
|Time allotted||75 minutes|
|Passing score||61% (34 out of 55 questions)|
|Exam Fee||USD 150 plus applicable taxes|
|Retake Fee||USD 150 plus applicable taxes|
3. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam Outline
● Identify and prioritize use cases needed for successful implementation.
● Map a given use case to the appropriate Net Zero Cloud features or third party systems.
● Gather business requirements around sustainability to determine appropriate levels of access and correct outputs
● Given a customer’s organizational reporting boundaries, determine Net Zero Cloud calculation needs.
● Translate a given set of reporting boundaries and defined set of NZC calculations, into CRMA reporting requirements.
● Given a customer’s sustainability goals, map their data to the appropriate data model and calculations within Net Zero Cloud.
● Map a given set of customer use cases to the appropriate Net Zero Cloud licenses and third party applications.
● Given customer requirements, determine how to design the UX to meet those requirements.
● Given customer requirements, determine how to configure the analytics (reports, CRMA, Tableau) tools to meet those requirements.
● Given customer requirements, configure the home pages and utility items aligned to user persona(s).
● Given customer requirements, design approval processes and declarative automation to meet those requirements.
● Given customer requirements, map external data sources to Net Zero Cloud objects.
● Given a list of prioritized use cases, know when to use out-of-the-box functionality vs customization.
● Given a list of existing data sources, determine how to migrate that data into Net Zero Cloud.
● Given a scenario, determine how to configure Net Zero Cloud settings.
● Given a list of prioritized use cases, determine which standard platform features to enable and/or configure.
● Map a set of customer’s requirements and data use cases to Net Zero Cloud functionality.
● Given a set of historical emissions data and business metrics, configure emission forecasting.
● Given a customer’s sustainability goals, determine how to set up Target Setting.
● Given a customer’s business requirements, configure CRM Analytics to allow for visibility into ESG metrics aligned sustainability goals.
● Given a scenario, determine how to configure Net Zero Cloud settings.
4. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud AP Exam Study Course
Net Zero Cloud Accredited Professional Exam curriculum is available on Partner Learning Camp. Please refer to Accredited Professional Partner Community Page for details.
5. Important Topics for Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Accredited Professional Exam
5.1 Introduction to Sustainability and Net Zero Cloud
- Net Zero Cloud: Quick Look
- Sign up for Net Zero Cloud Trial org here!
- Key Sustainability Terms
- Carbon accounting – A way of measuring how much greenhouse gas an organization emits.
- Carbon credit – Represents the avoidance, reduction, or removal of emissions of greenhouse gasses in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere. It’s measured in metric tonnes of carbon dioxide-equivalent.
- Greenhouse gas(GHG) – Atmospheric gases that trap heat.
- Scope 1 GHG emissions – Direct GHG emissions from assets that an organization owns or operationally controls
- Scope 2 GHG emissions – Indirect emissions from the use of purchased or acquired electricity, steam, heat, or cooling that an organization consumes
- Scope 3 GHG emissions – Emissions from sources owned or controlled by other entities in the organization’s value chain that are excluded from scope 1 and 2 emissions. Scope 3 emissions are organized into 15 distinct categories
- tCO2e – Metric tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent, standard unit for counting GHG emissions
- Carbon credits, purchased through carbon markets, represent the avoidance, reduction, or removal of GHG in order to compensate for emissions created elsewhere.
- 1 Carbon Credit = 1 tonne of CO2 or equivalent GHG reduced or avoided
- Net Zero Marketplace, powered by Salesforce Commerce Cloud, is a climate action hub for everyone. And it’s a site where organizations can find and purchase carbon credits offered by ecopreneurs.
- The Greenhouse Gas Protocol – The GHG Protocol provides standards, guidance, tools, and training for businesses, government entities to measure and manage climate-warming emissions.
- The GHG Protocol is an organization formed by a partnership between the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Net Zero Cloud Demo
5.2 Getting Started with Business Requirements, Data, and Reporting
- Energy use records are used to:
- Enter energy consumption values.
- Calculate scope 1, scope 2, and scope 3 emissions and other energy use metrics based on user-entered energy consumption.
- Determine the calculations performed within the energy use record based on the record type.
- Roll up to carbon footprint records.
- The Net Zero Cloud application is preloaded with reference data from:
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- UK Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol
5.3 Manage Sustainability Data
- Map Record Types
- Reference Datasets – Net Zero Cloud uses reference datasets from government sources and other agencies, such as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), to calculate a business’s energy consumption and activity data as greenhouse gas emissions based on standard global emissions factors.
5.4 Configuring the App and Settings
- Net Zero Cloud Admin Essentials
- Net Zero Cloud provides permission sets
- Net Zero Cloud Manager: Gives users create, update, and delete access to Net Zero tabs, objects, and fields. Users can enter and modify data.
- Net Zero Cloud Auditor: Gives users read-only access to Net Zero objects, records, and fields.
- Net Zero Cloud users usually have one of these profiles:
- Net Zero Cloud Manager: Net Zero Cloud team members with edit access. Can create and update records and modify CRM Analytics dashboards.
- Net Zero Cloud Auditor: Net Zero Cloud team members or external auditors with read-only access. Can review the data in the objects and reports and view CRM Analytics dashboards. Can collaborate with Net Zero Cloud teams using Chatter during the verification process.
5.5 Complete Data Modeling and Configuration
- Create a Building Energy Intensity Record
- Waste Footprint Calculation
- Manage Your Water Footprint
- Allocate Carbon Credits
- Record Locking and Recalculation
5.6 Setting Emissions Reduction Targets
5.7 Set Up Emissions Forecasting
5.8 Configure CRM Analytics
6. Additional Resources
- Net Zero Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Salesforce Sustainability Resource Center
- Greenhouse Protocol Website
- Salesforce Net Zero Cloud Documentation
- Net Zero Cloud Developer Guide
Note:This article is still in progress!
- Advanced Cross Channel Accredited Professional Exam Guide
- Salesforce Financial Services Cloud Accredited Professional Exam Guide
- Process Automation Accredited Professional Exam Guide
- What is Salesforce Accredited Professional Credential?