Salesforce Industries Summer ’22 Release Top New Features.
1. OmniStudio Alert Card Is Now Available in the Salesforce Platform
The OmniStudio AlertCard and related components and integration procedures are now a part of the Salesforce platform. You no longer have to install a datapack from a Git Hub repository.
In Lightning App Builder, on the record page that you’re editing, drag the FlexCard standard component from the Components panel to the Lightning page canvas and position where you want it to appear.
2. Consumer Good Cloud – Build Stronger Relationships with Partners Through Communities
Consumer Goods objects are now available in Salesforce communities. Use these objects to create a portal for your partners, store contacts, or even consumers. For example, a sales manager can create a visit on the Retail Store object. Your third-party vendor can log in to your community, see the assigned visit, and get the details.
3. Financial Services Cloud – Create Custom Relationship Graphs with ARC
With the new improved Actionable Relationship Center (ARC), build graphs with standard and custom objects, then add the ARC Relationship Graph component to page layouts to show your graphs. Customize node names, show fields, and object and record actions so that your users can easily view, edit, delete, and create records during customer interactions. In the first version of ARC, you can’t customize the graph.
Show relevant customer information to your users based on their profile by creating multiple graphs per object, then add them to page layouts. For example, Financial Advisors want an easy-to-understand view of their client’s household that shows the primary point of contact, family member relationships, financial summary, and family assets. Whereas Investment Bankers want to know who the key executives are, what the account structure and history looks like, the latest news in the company or industry, and view who is working on deals.
In Setup, create relationship graphs for the objects most relevant to your users. Then add the ARC Relationship Graph component to page layouts to show graphs to your users.
4. Health Cloud – Enable Guest Users to Schedule Their Own Appointments
The improved self-scheduling flow now lets guest users (patients without an account on your Experience site) conveniently schedule and manage appointments and view their benefits information from the Experience site.
Simplify the process for new patients who don’t have accounts that want to schedule appointments on your Experience site. The improved self-scheduling flow lets guest users (patients without Experience site accounts) schedule and manage appointments, and view their benefits information directly from the Experience site.
Add the OmniScript component to your Experience site and then add the pre-built OmniStudio workflow to the OmniScript component.
5. Loyalty Management – Track Members’ Engagement with Your Program
Define attributes that measure a member’s engagement with your company. You can configure the engagement duration and length of each period in the duration. Set targets for members, and then track the progress of members either in regular intervals or across the complete duration. Either reward members for achieving an attribute’s target or use attributes to restrict the number of times that members are rewarded for a specific activity. For example, you can reward members whenever they make a purchase of more than $100 or restrict the number of times members are rewarded for signing in to your app.
To define your engagement attribute, go to the new Loyalty Program Engagement Attributes related list in Setup. On the Loyalty Program Engagement Attributes related list, click New. Define your engagement attribute and save your changes.
6. Manufacturing Cloud – Manage Warranties for Your Products and Assets with Manufacturing Cloud for Service
Your service agents and partners can better manage product and asset warranties by recording warranty term details and assigning them to products or product families, thereby creating standard warranties. They can also enter additional or extended warranties along with exclusions and void terms. A warranty term can have associations with multiple products and assets.
From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Warranty Lifecycle Management, and then select Warranty Lifecycle Management. Enable Warranty Administration. Then, from the App Launcher, find and select Warranty Terms. Define the warranty term for a product or asset.
On the Related tab for the Warranty Term, in the Product Warranty Terms section, click New to create a standard warranty. Click New in the Asset Warranty Terms section to add an additional or extended warranty for the asset.
7. Public Sector Solutions – Get Up and Running with Ease by Using Guided Setup
Configure Public Sector Solutions with efficiency and confidence, and rest assured that your users are productive from day one, with the new Guided Setup experience. Follow simple, clear steps for all the tasks you must complete to set up your org, from setting up platform basics to creating a constituent portal, to configuring licensing, permitting, and inspection management.
Links to other in-app Setup pages keep you focused and on track, and links to detailed Help articles provide answers to any questions that arise along the way.
The Public Sector Solutions Guided Setup experience includes these assistants.
- Initial Public Sector Solutions Set Up: Complete basic admin tasks to prepare your org for Public Sector Solutions.
- Set Up License and Permit Management: Configure your org to manage approval processes for licenses and permits.
- Set Up Experience Cloud: Create and customize your constituent portal, configure security, and add members.
- Set Up Inspection Management: Help your inspectors perform field activities by capturing tasks, assessment indicators, and assessment results.
- Set Up Business Rules Engine and Decision Explainer: Configure Business Rules Engine to automate complex policy decisions, and use Decision Explainer to give reviewers insights into Business Rules Engine’s determinations.
From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Guided Setup. Then select a setup assistant to begin.
8. Net Zero Cloud – Create Building Energy Intensity Benchmark
Track and benchmark your building energy intensity data across various fuel types as a function of building size and geographic location. Use building energy intensities to track energy performance across your building assets and as a reference for filling data gaps.
When you cannot obtain information about the energy use in some of your buildings, you can use this data to help calculate a reliable and auditable carbon inventory for those buildings, which leads to improved sustainability impact reporting.
To search for and calculate building energy intensities and use them to fill data gaps, from Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Net Zero, and then select Net Zero Settings. Turn on Manage building energy intensity.
9. Action Plans
The action plan scheduler saves you the manual effort of creating action plans for repeatable business processes. Automatically create action plans for recurring business processes.
While creating a recurring schedule for action plans, you can enter the recurrence pattern (frequency) and recurrence range. This change is available only for Salesforce admins and owners of action plan records.
For example, financial advisers manually create all action plans across their entire book of business on a per client basis. With the action plan scheduler, finance professionals can automate and track repeatable business processes to ensure a consistent client experience and maximize productivity.
10. Discovery Framework
The new Discovery Framework data model and the power of OmniStudio enable your users to manage every aspect of questionnaire-driven data collection. Your users can create digital forms to collect and validate their customers’ information in a compliant manner.
Discovery Framework makes it easy for you to perform financial needs analysis, digital onboarding, and any other type of data collection. After you enable the discovery framework data model in an org, your users can:
- Create questions: Use an intuitive user interface to create both standard and hierarchical questions. Create a repository of questions that’s used as a single source of truth.
- Create forms: Leverage the power of OmniStudio, which provides an intuitive UI to create complex forms.
- Activate and deploy forms: Make forms available for Communities, Lightning Pages, custom LWCs, and Lightning tabs by activating and deploying the form.
- Import and export (beta): Use metadata APIs to import and export assessment questions, assessment question versions, assessment question sets, and OmniScripts of type Discovery Framework.
You can find Salesforce Industries Summer ’22 Release Notes here!
- Salesforce Financial Services Cloud Accredited Professional Exam Guide
- How to resolve ‘Apex CPU time limit exceeded’ error in Salesforce
- Salesforce Inspector Chrome Extension Explained
- How to Resolve ‘System.LimitException: Too Many SOQL Queries: 101’ Error?
- Salesforce Certified Associate Certification Exam Guide