Salesforce Admin Certification Exam Guide.
The Salesforce Administrator credential is designed for those who have experience with Salesforce and continuously look for ways to assist their companies in getting even more from additional features and capabilities.
This exam is probably the first exam most of the people looking for a career in Salesforce attempts. With more topics being added in every Salesforce Release Admin Certifications is definitely not the easiest amongst the 35 + Salesforce Trailhead Certifications.
When preparing for exam it is recommended to complete the entire Admin Certification Trailmix and review Help Documentation Pages for some of the key topics.
1. About the Salesforce Admin Certification Exam
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non-scored questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 65% (39 out of 60 Questions)
- Registration fee: USD 200 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Prerequisites: None
2. Exam Outline
Configuration and Setup: 20%
- Describe the information found in the company settings (for example: company settings fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings).
- Distinguish and understand the administration of declarative configuration of the User Interface. (for example: UI settings, app menu, list views, global actions, Lightning App Builder).
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the proper setup and maintenance of users.
- Explain the various organization Security Controls. (for example: Setup Audit Trail, Login Hours, Session Settings)
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model. (for example: public groups, org wide default, sharing: roles, subordinates, hierarchy, report and dashboard folders)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions.
Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20%
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model. (for example: standard object, parent/child, master detail/lookup/junction relationships, and record types.)
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and know the implications of deleting fields.
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
Sales and Marketing Applications: 12%
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process. (for example: sales process, opportunity, path, and forecast impact.)
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools. (for example: dashboards, lead scoring, Einstein opportunity scoring, and home page assistant.)
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management. (for example: leads, lead convert, lead assignment rules, campaign and campaign members.)
Service and Support Applications: 11%
- Describe the capabilities of case management. (for example: case, case assignment rules, and queues.)
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management. (for example: support process, case auto-response rules, and case escalation.)
Productivity and Collaboration: 7%
- Describe the capabilities of activity management.
- Describe the features of Chatter.
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Mobile App.
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications.
Data and Analytics Management: 14%
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, mass deleting, exporting and backing up data.
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report or report type.
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, Subscribing, running user).
Workflow/Process Automation: 16%
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of the tool.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for Flow.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
3. Salesforce Admin Certification Exam Guide
4. Salesforce Admin Certification Trailmix
5. Salesforce Admin Certification Trail
6. Free Salesforce Admin Certification Practice Test
7. Salesforce Admin Certification Exam Important Topics
7.1 Configuration and Setup: 20% (12 Questions)
- Company Information
- At-a-glance view of your org
- Find your org ID
- See your licensing information
- Monitor important limits like data and file usage
- Salesforce Editions
- License Types
- Standard Fiscal Year vs Custom Fiscal Year
- Single Currency Vs Multi Currency
- UI Settings
- App Menu
- List Views
- Quick Actions (Global vs Object Specific)
- Lightning App Builder
- Manage who can see what with user profiles
- Create custom profiles
- User Deactivation
- Permission Set
- Permission Set Groups
- Setup Audit Trail
- See 6 months of change history in your org
- Find out who made changes and when
- Tool for troubleshooting org configuration issues
- Login Hours
- Login History
- See 6 months of login history for your org
- View date, time, user, IP address, and more login data
- Use for security tracking and adoption monitoring
- Locale Settings
- Session Settings
- Org wide Default
- Sharing Rules
- Record Ownership
- When to Buy from AppExchange vs Building Custom Solution
7.1.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Episode 1
7.1.3 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Episode 2
7.2 Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20% (12 Questions)
- Standard vs Custom Objects
- Standard objects are objects that are included with Salesforce. Common business objects like Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity are all standard objects.
- Custom objects are objects that you create to store information that’s specific to your company or industry.
- Primitive Data Types
- Salesforce Custom Field Types
|Auto Number||A system-generated sequence number that uses a display format you define. The number is automatically incremented for each new record.|
|Formula||A read-only field that derives its value from a formula expression you define. The formula field is updated when any of the source fields change.|
|Roll-Up Summary||A read-only field that displays the sum, minimum, or maximum value of a field in a related list or the record count of all records listed in a related list.|
|Lookup Relationship||Creates a relationship that links this object to another object. The relationship field allows users to click on a lookup icon to select a value from a popup list. The other object is the source of the values in the list.|
|External Lookup Relationship||Creates a relationship that links this object to an external object whose data is stored outside the Salesforce org.|
|Checkbox||Allows users to select a True (checked) or False (unchecked) value.|
|Currency||Allows users to enter a dollar or other currency amount and automatically formats the field as a currency amount. This can be useful if you export data to Excel or another spreadsheet.|
|Date||Allows users to enter a date or pick a date from a popup calendar.|
|Date/Time||Allows users to enter a date and time, or pick a date from a popup calendar. When users click a date in the pop-up, that date and the current time are entered into the Date/Time field.|
|Allows users to enter an email address, which is validated to ensure proper format. If this field is specified for a contact or lead, users can choose the address when clicking Send an Email. Note that custom email addresses cannot be used for mass emails.|
|Geolocation||Allows users to define locations. Includes latitude and longitude components, and can be used to calculate distance.|
|Number||Allows users to enter any number. Leading zeros are removed.|
|Percent||Allows users to enter a percentage number, for example, ’10’ and automatically adds the percent sign to the number.|
|Phone||Allows users to enter any phone number. Automatically formats it as a phone number.|
|Picklist||Allows users to select a value from a list you define.|
|Picklist (Multi-Select)||Allows users to select multiple values from a list you define.|
|Text||Allows users to enter any combination of letters and numbers.|
|Text Area||Allows users to enter up to 255 characters on separate lines.|
|Text Area (Long)||Allows users to enter up to 131,072 characters on separate lines.|
|Text Area (Rich)||Allows users to enter formatted text, add images and links. Up to 131,072 characters on separate lines.|
|Text (Encrypted)||Allows users to enter any combination of letters and numbers and store them in encrypted form.|
|Time||Allows users to enter a local time. For example, “2:40 PM”, “14:40”, “14:40:00”, and “14:40:50.600” are all valid times for this field.|
|URL||Allows users to enter any valid website address. When users click on the field, the URL will open in a separate browser window.|
- Field Sets
- Object Relationships
- External lookup
- Indirect lookup
- Relationships Master Detail Vs Lookup
- Many-to-Many Relationship using Junction Object
- Roll-Up Summary Fields
- Schema Builder: A tool that lets you visualize and edit your data model.
- Page Layout
- How can field be made required? FLS vs Page Layout
- Field History Tracking
- Recycle Bin
- Governor Limits
7.2.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Session 2
7.3 Sales and Marketing Applications: 12% (7 Questions)
- Sales Process
- Lead Scoring
- Einstein Opportunity Scoring
- Web to Lead
- Lead Conversion
- Lead Assignment Rules
- Email Templates
- Classic vs Lightning Email Templates
7.3.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Session 3
7.4 Service and Support Applications: 11% (6 Questions)
- Support Process
- Case Management
- Case Assignment Rules
- Case Auto Response Rules
7.4.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Session 4
7.5 Productivity and Collaboration: 7% (5 Questions)
- Activity Management
- Permissions required to use chatter
- Chatter License
- Chatter Groups
- How to enable object for Chatter Feed Tracking
- Salesforce Mobile App
- Quick Actions
- Global Quick Actions
- Object Specific Quick Actions
7.5.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Session 5
7.6 Data and Analytics Management: 14% (8 Questions)
- Data Management
- Data Loader vs Data Import Wizard
- Data Validation Tools
- Reports & Dashboards
- Report & Dashboard Folder Permissions
- Chart Types
- Report Types
- Dashboard Components
- Dashboard Running User
- Scheduling Dashboard Refresh
7.6.2 Salesforce Admin Certification Training Session 6
7.7 Workflow/Process Automation: 16% (10 Questions)
- Process Builder
- When can process be triggered
- What are the actions available in process builder
- Types of Flows
- Flow Components
- Approval Process
- Approval Process Steps
- Parallel Approval