Slack is a messaging app for business that connects people to the information that they need. It is a new way to communicate with your team. It’s faster, better organised and more secure than email.
It offers many features, including persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, private groups, and direct messaging. Content, including files, conversations, and people, is all searchable within Slack. Users can add emoji buttons to their messages, on which other users can then click to express their reactions to messages.
It integrates with many third-party services and supports community-built integrations, including Google Drive, Box, Heroku and GitHub.
It has gained lot of popularity in last few years to attract a lot of attention from investors and enterprises and eventually Slack was acquired by CRM giant Salesforce.
How is it different from other Messaging Apps?
- Channels – channels bring order and clarity to work, you can create them for every project, topic or team
- Flexibility – with all communication and tools in place your employees can work from anywhere
- Slack Connect – transforms the way you work alongside your partners, vendors or customers by moving conversations out of siloed email threads and into the same place
Are there other similar Apps?
Some of the popular alternatives are:
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Chat
Messaging App and CRM?
Salesforce acquisition received mixed reviews with some calling it too expensive and others calling it the next big move by Salesforce. Let’s wait and watch!
Can my Company use Slack?
Yes, of course! Slack offers free tier to start with and plenty of options to upgrade as per your business needs. You can sign up for for free here!
You can find pricing details here!
- Paid Plans Comparison
|Full message archive||Everything included in Pro||Everything included in Business+|
|10 GB storage per member||20 GB storage per member||1 TB storage per member|
|Unlimited apps||Exports of content from public channels, private channels and DMs||Unlimited workspaces and channels|
|Guest access||24/7 Support||Enterprise Key Management|
|Google authentication (OAuth)||SAML-based SSO and Provisioning||Support for integrations with data loss prevention (DLP), e-Discovery and offline backup providers|
|Custom retention policies||Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) integration|
|Priority support||Audit log API|
|Ability to forward emails into Slack|
|Group voice and video calls|
|Custom profile fields|
|Group video calls up to 15 people|
How can I learn Slack?
Trailhead is offering free trails to start your Slack journey. Some of the available tails are listed below:
How can I get Slack Certified?
Slack offers multiple certifications such as Certified Admin and Certified Developer. Please find more details about these certifications here!
Slack Certified Admin Exam
Admin exam evaluates the knowledge and skills necessary to implement, configure and manage policies, settings and features.
- Content: 60 scored, multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 90 minutes
- Passing score: 65% (39 out of 60 Questions)
- Registration fee: USD 150, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: You will receive one additional exam retake at no additional cost if you need it
- Prerequisite: None
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam Guide
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guide
- Salesforce Admin Interview Questions
- Salesforce CPQ Interview Questions
- Saleforce Marketing Cloud Interview Questions