Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam Guide.
The Heroku Architect credential is designed for those who have the knowledge, skills, and extensive experience with architecting scalable solutions, deploying and managing apps, and managing teams and build-workflows on Heroku.
1. About the Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 72% (44 out of 60 Questions)
- Registration fee: USD 400 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 200 plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Prerequisites: None
2. Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam Outline
Heroku Platform: 10%
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics behind building and deploying apps on Heroku, including the role of buildpacks in slug creation.
- Architect scalable solutions that are performant even during high traffic spikes.
- Architect and deploy solutions using add-ons and other components from the Elements Marketplace, including various add-ons, buildpacks, and Heroku Buttons.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Heroku Postgres, including data handling, security, and common use cases for follower databases. Describe the use cases of Dataclips.
- Architect solutions using Apache Kafka on Heroku to facilitate streaming communication between applications, services and/or functions.
- Architect solutions using Heroku Redis.
- Demonstrate the ability to prescribe a third-party add-on and add-on sharing, when appropriate.
- Construct architectures which leverage Heroku to achieve different security certifications.
- Recommend Heroku Private Space Peering or VPN Connections for appropriate use cases.
- Recommend when an app should run in the Private Space Runtime versus the Common Runtime.
Heroku Enterprise: 28%
- Demonstrate how features of Heroku Enterprise can improve a system’s architecture.
- Recommend networking solutions that use Heroku Private Spaces or the Common Runtime, appropriately.
- Describe the compliance features of Heroku Shield.
- Describe the features of Enterprise Teams.
Architect Applications: 15%
- Recommend architectures that use the twelve-factor app methodology correctly.
- Construct solutions for creating an orchestration layer for building a microservices architecture using Apache Kafka on Heroku.
- Recommend architectures that use Heroku Connect appropriately, including the correct use of External IDs.
- Recommend techniques to integrate Heroku apps with the Salesforce Lightning Platform, and understand when to apply particular techniques.
3. Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam Guide
4. Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam Trailmix
5. Important Topics for Salesforce Certified Heroku Architect Exam
5.1. Heroku Platform: 10% (6 Questions)
- The Heroku Dev Center
- Heroku Enterprise Basics
- Dynos, Stacks, Networking
- Elements Marketplace
5.2. Data: 17% (10 Questions)
- Heroku Postgres
- Databases & Data Management
- Apache Kafka on Heroku
- Heroku Redis.
- Data Store Add-ons
5.3. Security: 15% (9 Questions)
- Heroku Private Space Peering
- Private Space Runtime versus the Common Runtime
5.4. Heroku Enterprise: 28% (17 Questions)
- Heroku Enterprise
- Enterprise Security
- Heroku Shield
- Enterprise Teams